Contemporary Rose Topiary – how to flower design for florists.
How-to Steps 1)Insert presoaked midnight oasis into the urn
2) Anchor with waterproof adhesive tape
3) Insert straight willow branches in foam to create vertical thrust
4) Attach horizontal branches above and varying angles using bind wire
5)Insert ‘Golden mustard’ roses and ‘Juliet’ roses by Alexandra Farms into created trellis leaving them tall but at various heights
6) Add ‘Green trick’ dianthus at the base of the arrangement
7) Insert plumosa and Italian ruscus at the base of the design allowing 1 long piece of ruscus to travel from the base of the design up through the roses above.
8) Tint ‘Sea star’ Australia fern with rose gold and ‘purple pansy’ just for flowers by Design Master
9) Add 1 fern at base and 1 on top of the design Done!
About the author
Erik Witcraft AIFD
Erik Witcraft AIFD is a Portland, Oregon-based floral designer and a regular contributor to Living Flowers.